comes around again...and again...and again!
At least this is how I feel about the colds and ear infections we are experiencing this fall/winter. Kathryn had an ear recheck appointment today. Her ears checked out fine; however, her cough did not. Bronchitis is suspected so she is on a 5 day regimen of Azithromycin.
Isaac began complaining of his right ear yesterday, so I asked the doctor to take a quick peak at his ears...DOUBLE EAR INFECTION AGAIN!!!! Yep, you read that right. He must have picked up something new, because at his ear recheck just a week ago his ears were ALL CLEAR. No fluid, no redness, no nothing! (I even had a lengthy discussion with his pediatrician regarding ear rechecks, what it means when she says "all clear" and if I am completely off base in my personal thoughts on tubes and our kids.) He is now on a 10 day regimen of Augmentin.
Surprisingly though, I am not frustrated with this most recent round of illnesses. The kids haven't had foul moods (other than the usual toddlerness) and for the most part they are sleeping somewhat peacefully. Maybe it is the glimpse of Spring we are experiencing this week, or maybe it is the fact that we haven't been hit (yet) with the terrible stomach virus or the knock your a$$ out flu that are in circulation at the moment, but I'm handling this round of secondary infections much, much better...even with a bit of thankfulness.
(Thank you, Lord! Now please allow us to continue dodging the stomach bug and/or the flu since I mentioned that tiny tidbit of info in a public forum!)
No comments:
Post a Comment