Yeah, I admit. I may come across as a strict, play it by the rules mama. You know, those mothers you hear telling their kids, "You have to eat your veggies before you can have a cookie". But really, when it comes down to it...I'm a closeted pushover. Case in point...
Twice a week, when I pick the kids up from MMO, I drive home "the back way". Why do I choose to go this different route? Is it because I miss most of the traffic lights in town? Or is it because we arrive at our desired location much quicker? Nope...it is so we don't drive within viewing distance of those Golden Arches. The franchise owner who decided to plant our town's McD's right smack dab in the middle of town was a genius. GENIUS, I tell you! And yes, I know it is my fault for introducing our kids to the joys of McNuggets and french fries, but if I didn't, someone else would. Trust me!
But today, I just wasn't thinking. Well...actually, I was...I was thinking so hard that I drove right past my turnoff to avoid going into town. And by the time I thought about it (Oh no!), it was too late. I immediately took my next left hoping the kids were too busy looking at their books...but little sharp eyes in the back spotted those Golden Arches in the distance.
"Mommy, chicken nuggets, please?" Then her brother chimed in, "Yes, Mommy, chicken nuggets, please." I caved, drove around the block, and pulled in under those Golden Arches. Oh well...the fries sure were tasty!
1 comment:
Sometimes it is just too hard to say no!! :)
Post a Comment