We are not doing anything special this year for Earth Day. I'd love to implement a compost system, but we are too busy with other activities to build our own system and I don't want to spend money to buy a system either.
When visiting Mr. and Mrs. H, she shared with me their compost system and I'd love to implement one similar to theirs...but am unsure when time will permit such construction. Perfect example: Last year in honor of Earth Day, I had hoped for Jonathan and I to build a rain barrel or two, but that hasn't worked out yet. I haven't taken it off my list though, so it will happen one day.
If you'd like to implement an earth-friendly activity in honor of Earth Day this year, here are a few ideas:
- Buy local, sustainable products
- Recycle
- Wash laundry in cold water
- Air dry laundry
- Cloth diaper/cloth training pants
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs
- Plant native species when landscaping
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Check out books at your local library (or use an ereader)
- Use "reusable" shopping bags
Happy Earth Day, Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment