Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!
Here at Haines Hollow we are celebrating Turkey Day at Pop and Meems' house with Pop, Meems, Mema (my grandmother, the kids' great-grandmother) and Wes (my brother, the kids' uncle). We hosted breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausage, sticky buns and chocolate croissants. Very yummy...nice job Chef Jonathan. Both kids started in their bouncy chairs at the beginning of breakfast. About half way through, Kathryn moved to her swing where she drifted off to la-la land for the remainder of breakfast. Isaac stayed in his bouncy chair through breakfast and began to break down as we were cleaning up the dishes. We tried him in his swing, but that didn't last long. He ended up in Meems lap and took a little catnap after being rocked and snuggled by Meems.
This morning was the first time Isaac and Kathryn met their Uncle Wes. They both studied him quite intensely. (I was unable to take some pictures of their first meeting as I was finishing up a feeding with Isaac.) Maybe they will warm up to him and give him some toothless grins before he has to head back on Sunday.
Uncle Wes is my youngest brother. He is in the Air Force, stationed in Panama City, Florida. We are so happy he got some time off and is spending Thanksgiving with us. Uncle Wes tried to hold Isaac, but it was too close to a feeding so Isaac wasn't very happy. We'll try again after a feeding and hopefully capture some cute shots to post later.
Isaac and Kathryn are in different Christmas outfits today. (I know...still early, but I really don't care!) Here they are with their Daddy.
Here at Haines Hollow we are celebrating Turkey Day at Pop and Meems' house with Pop, Meems, Mema (my grandmother, the kids' great-grandmother) and Wes (my brother, the kids' uncle). We hosted breakfast: scrambled eggs, sausage, sticky buns and chocolate croissants. Very yummy...nice job Chef Jonathan. Both kids started in their bouncy chairs at the beginning of breakfast. About half way through, Kathryn moved to her swing where she drifted off to la-la land for the remainder of breakfast. Isaac stayed in his bouncy chair through breakfast and began to break down as we were cleaning up the dishes. We tried him in his swing, but that didn't last long. He ended up in Meems lap and took a little catnap after being rocked and snuggled by Meems.
This morning was the first time Isaac and Kathryn met their Uncle Wes. They both studied him quite intensely. (I was unable to take some pictures of their first meeting as I was finishing up a feeding with Isaac.) Maybe they will warm up to him and give him some toothless grins before he has to head back on Sunday.
Uncle Wes is my youngest brother. He is in the Air Force, stationed in Panama City, Florida. We are so happy he got some time off and is spending Thanksgiving with us. Uncle Wes tried to hold Isaac, but it was too close to a feeding so Isaac wasn't very happy. We'll try again after a feeding and hopefully capture some cute shots to post later.
Isaac and Kathryn are in different Christmas outfits today. (I know...still early, but I really don't care!) Here they are with their Daddy.
2 comments:
Hi Jessica and Jonathan!
I left a comment on one of your earlier blogs and I'm anxious to talk or email you!! Your babies are sooooooo cute. Please email me!
Jeanne Csoke
jeannecsoke@comcast.net
Love the Christmas outfits in the past couple of posts. They are both so cute!! And Kathryn's expression in the previous post is so funny - she's adorable.
Post a Comment