The sacrament was performed by our interim paster, The Reverend Julie Schaff, during the eleven o'clock worship service at our church, Pickens Presbyterian. Pop and Mems attended along with the Sewell Family and the Cole Family. We were so happy to have these loved ones be a part of Isaac and Kathryn's special day.
I must admit I was quite nervous. I did not want Isaac or Kathryn to cry during the church service or while being baptised. Many prayers were whispered in hopes that they would be "good". Isaac slept and Kathryn was wide awake. (Both fell asleep before that part of the service...good thing Kathryn woke up right before. I think she would have screamed if she had woke up to water touching her head!) Our special friend, Kay Rentz, stood with us, representing the session. Julie did beautifully. And there were no tears shed by Isaac or Kathryn. (Mommy, however, shed a few...but she noticed she was not alone...)
God sure is good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment