Wow! A week later and I am finally able to log on and blog again. Life truly is unpredictable right now. After dealing with ingrown toenails since Isaac and Kathryn were born (yeah...four months ago), I finally gave up and went to the doctor. I kinda had to...my left big toe was flaming red and throbbing yesterday afternoon. (Jonathan calls it my Fred Flintstone toe...it's HUGE.) All is well now...after two shots in my toe and having one side of my toenail completely removed. Very nasty looking, but feels so much better! (No fear...I won't be posting a picture of that!!)
The kids are doing great. Isaac is rolling over from his tummy to his back from both sides. He really enjoys tummy time and will lay on his belly with his head up and feet pulled up for twenty minutes at a time. He just looks around at the toys I have scattered around him or observes Kathryn playing on her back during his tummy time. Now if I can just get him to nap on something other than Mommy or Daddy's chest...
Kathryn, on the other hand, doesn't lay on her tummy quite as long. I finally figured out today, she prefers to be propped up on her Boppy pillow with a Taggie in front of her. With this configuration, she will tolerate tummy time for roughly ten minutes. Then she is ready to be on her back for the remainder of her play time. Progress is good!
They have both started "talking" to each other and to us. They will make these "oh, oh, OOOOOHHHH" sounds. I will try to capture these moments on video and post them so you can hear them talking. It is quite funny!
Now back to Uncle Wes...Isaac and Kathryn warmed up to Uncle Wes towards the end of Thanksgiving Day. We planned our second holding attempt much better...after a feeding when their little bellies were full!
Here are a few shots of the big event...
I love this photo of Wes and Kathryn. She would smile at him every time he would look away...she's such a little stinker!
Isaac was a bit more direct with his smiles! I think they both figured out just how fun Uncle Wes will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment