Monday, August 15, 2011

Technology Free Zone

During our vacation, I took a much needed technology break.  No texting, limited cell phone use, no blogging, no reading my "followed" blogs, no checking email, no responding to email, no Facebook, no Netflix unlimited streaming.  IT WAS FANTASTIC!  (OK, I did miss my unlimited streaming and reading blogs, but didn't lose hours because I was hooked watching episode after episode of Weeds or lost in blogland.) 

I was fully engaged in our vacation, never once becoming angry because "my" computer time was interrupted, and definitely plan to incorporate a no technology day into each and every week.  (I'm leaning towards making Sunday a technology-free day and wonder if Jonathan will join me...)

511.  A broken modem prompting a low to no tech vacation
512.  Safe almost 12 hour drive in one direction to and from our vacation destination
513.  DVD player and headphones (and the gift of using those only on long car rides)
514.  Experiencing the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel Bridge with Isaac and Kathryn exclaiming "Boats!  Boats!"
515.  Our annual family beach vacation

516.  Our last evening on the beach



517.  Arriving home to a forecast of cooler temperatures after opening a significantly higher electric bill
518.  Isaac and Kathryn sitting in worship with us until after the Children's Sermon
519.  Making cupcakes


520.  Celebrating the third birthdays of our healthy miracles



521. Playing dress-up



2 comments:

randomashley said...

Great pix, & thanks for sharing them!

Twinside Out said...

Happy Birthday to Isaac and Kathryn! :)

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful vacation! I know what you mean about losing hours to blog-reading. Maybe a low-tech day would be a good thing around here, too!