Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mama Loves: Reusable Water Bottles



Manic Mother


I'm anti-plastic when it comes to food and drink.  I do not reheat food in the microwave in plastic containers.  I prefer to store leftovers in glass bowls versus plastic tubs.  We primarily use glasses for beverages instead of plastic cups.  I'd love to completely convert our household to non-plastic food and drink storage, but our budget can't support a full transition at the moment.

We are in the process of moving away from sippy cups.  So this summer, while out shopping, I came upon kid-friendly, reusable water bottles.  Jonathan and I love our reusable water bottles so it is only natural that I want something similar for Isaac and Kathryn. 

Here's what I love about our RWB:
  1. They are made from high quality food-grade stainless steel.
  2. The sport caps have enough play that Kathryn and Isaac can open and close it themselves.
  3. They come with a BIG sport cap cover that keeps any dribbles pretty well contained. (Please note they are not leak-proof.)
  4. They can hold 17 oz of H2O.
  5. We didn't pay an arm and a leg for them.  (I found kid-friendly, reusable water bottles on sale at Old Navy.)
So if you are ready to transition from sippies to something else and just aren't sure what, I highly recommend reusable water bottles.  We love ours! 

2 comments:

Twinside Out said...

Those sound great! I am not a big plastic fan either, and am hoping to keep the sippy cup stage to as short a time as possible. I'll have to keep an eye out for these!

Julia said...

I've started to (slowly) make the transition away from plastic as well. It's an expensive endeavor, so we've been doing it bits at a time.

I love that the company you linked to makes sippies too! I'm actually considering getting some for our girls, as we're a ways away from getting rid of sippies.

Thanks for linking this up, Jessica!