This past Saturday, we took Isaac and Kathryn to a local furniture store to purchase "big kid beds". Before sharing our experience, a little background if you please...
When setting up Isaac and Kathryn's nursery during my second trimester, Pop and Meems bought one crib and mattress while Mema bought the other. (Massively generous gifts from both for which I am massively grateful!) I'm a HUGE fan of PBK so naturally I picked out two convertible cribs from their site and had them shipped to us. If I had it to do all over again, I'd pick out non-convertible cribs. While toddler beds seem to make sense, they are not fun to change nor can I cuddle comfortably in bed with my children. Hindsight...no toddler beds, thank you very much!
Anyhow, since the kiddos are still sharing a room, Jonathan and I decided to use the birthday money Mema gave to I&K to buy twin-sized beds with Plain Jane frames. (Another hugely generous gift for which we are quite grateful!) As a side note, I HATE Plain Jane frames, but just can't justify spending money on nice wooden sets when our plan is to upgrade I&K to full-sized beds when they request their own rooms. Once that upgrade is made, I&K will have the option to take those full-sized beds--wooden headboard/footboard, matching furniture and all--when they move out as young adults. I'm hoping to find two sets secondhand that we can refinish because I feel like furniture just isn't made like the old days...unless we can swing PA Dutch Market furniture at the time of our future upgrade. (Now that is some well-made furniture!) I digress...back to bed shopping.
The kids had a BLAST playing on all of the floor model mattresses and tackling the Serta sheep. The sales clerk didn't mind and both children removed their shoes (without any parental prompting) before climbing up and bouncing all over the place, so I was cool with it as well. It reminded me of that episode of Glee when the Gleeks made a mattress commerical...JUMP!
So Jonathan loaded up our newly purchased two twin mattress sets along with our two Plain Jane frames and we headed back home to set everything up. I'm proud to say I've only rearranged their bedroom three times since Saturday and feel I have finally settled upon a layout that both the children and I am pleased with.
2 comments:
You have certainly been busy! I can tell by the pix that the twins love their new beds, & I'm glad you are satified as well!
Oh my goodness, how cute are they in their big kid beds!! Look at how happy they are; I love it.
I'm so glad you found a layout for the room that everyone is happy with - that is so important!
Post a Comment