Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Reading

Once Jonathan received his audit schedule for the next few months, I set out to purchase our next round of books to read to the kids while he is away.  I must admit, the book I picked out for his trip to the Netherlands was not a good choice for us at this time.  Too factual, not enough illustrations.  But no worries, I'll slip it into a draw for a future business trip to the Netherlands.  And we will hold off on purchasing any other Countries of the World books until the kids are a bit older.  Lesson learned.

I scooped up this, this, this and this to cover us until mid-September.  We are currently reading the alphabet book and the kids love it.  They excitedly point out the letters and ask a zillion questions about the illustrations.  After reading it this evening, I noticed on the back of the book there is a whole series of "travel alphabet books", which I am noting as potentials for future business trips.  I continue to be amazed at the selection of kid-friendly travel books available on Amazon!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a great idea! I hope you enjoy all of the new books.