Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The First of Many Big Screen Viewings

Yesterday, the kids and I went to see their first movie on the big screen with our two favorite friends.  I must admit, I was very nervous.  Would the kids freak out when the lights went down?  Would Isaac sit still or want to get up and run around?  Would they become so engrossed in the movie that someone would have an accident?  Would the kids talk LOUDLY during the entire movie?

I didn't tell the kids what we were doing until this morning.  Both kids were pysched to learn we were going to see the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie with Ashley and Grayson.  I bumped up lunch and nap time so we could make the 3:15 showing, hoping both kids would wake up from nap in good spirits.  That light turned from blue to yellow and I had two very excited children trucking down the stairs, exclaiming, "Winnie the Pooh!  Winnie the Pooh!"

We arrived at the movie theater with plenty of time to spare.  We purchased our tickets.  (I&K were free and will be til they turn FOUR!!)  We bought refreshments and headed in to select our seats and settle in.  Ashley had suggested that I bring Kathryn and Isaac's booster seats and they worked wonderfully! 

The kids did fantastic!  They devoured the popcorn, sipped on pink lemonade and stayed in their seats.  Kathryn was completely absorbed by the movie.  Isaac was a bit more restless, but still did better than I expected. 

When the movie was over and we were walking out of the theater, both Isaac and Kathryn asked if we could watch another one.  I'd say we can add going to the movies to our approved activities list!

3 comments:

randomashley said...

It makes me so very happy to know that we were able to enjoy this "first" with you, Isaac, & Kathryn! They both did great, & it's something Grayson & I will always remember as well.

Nicole said...

We took Audrey to see Winnie the Pooh for her first movie too. I'm glad your kids did great too!

Twinside Out said...

I've heard Winnie the Pooh is a cute movie. Glad you all enjoyed it, and glad the outing went well!!