Today we had an exciting morning planned. One of my college buddies is in the area this weekend because her husband is playing in a Member-Guest golf tournament. Angie and I haven't seen each other since my wedding, ten years ago, but through the wonders of Facebook, we reconnected and decided to set up a morning play date the next time she was in town.
We had planned to spend the morning at Clemson's Botanical Gardens and cap off our morning with a picnic lunch. But Kathryn had other plans...
Before brushing her teeth this morning, she informed me that she didn't feel so good. After brushing her teeth (and feeling how hot her little forehead was) I told her we needed to go downstairs to the medicine cabinet and take her temperature. Sure enough, Little P had a temperature of 100.5. So after giving her a dose of ibuprofen, I immediately sent a message to Angie, hoping they hadn't left for the gardens yet. Unfortunately, she had already started her drive to the gardens.
After breakfast, I loaded up the kids and drove to Clemson to meet up with Angie long enough to explain that we wouldn't be able to play this morning. (We neglected to exchange cell numbers. I know...I know...) I didn't want to expose them to whatever Kathryn is fighting, even though she is displaying no other symptoms other than a low-grade fever this morning. Angie was so understanding and gracious about our need to cancel, but I still felt terrible. (Not to mention I am extremely disappointed that we didn't get to spend time together.) A quick drive through Starbucks for a caffeine fix and two organic chocolate milks, then we were on our way back home.
As I type, Kathryn is bundled up in our bed, reading her new favorite book (Dr. Seuss's ABCs) while watching Toy Story 3. I have a feeling the rest of our day will look much like this...
2 comments:
Poor little thing ... I hope she feels better soon. I'm glad she likes the Dr. Seuss book!
Poor sweet girl - I hope she is back to 100% soon! :(
Isn't facebook great for reconnecting with old friends? I hope you are able to reschedule and get caught up another time.
Post a Comment