Friday, July 1, 2011

My New Favorite Toddler Tool

I'm in love with Isaac and Kathryn's latest "toddler tool".  Worth.every.penny!

Until Thursday, bed time was a struggle for us post-toddler bed transition. 

Until this morning, I had two little bed buddies as early as 5 A.M post-toddler bed transition. 

Until this afternoon, nap time was all over the place post-toddler bed transition.

But I'm seeing the return of a routine, thanks to this magnificent little tool.  Now instead of battles at bed time, Isaac and Kathryn are excited about the pending blue light, stories & music.  We make it through our usual 30 minute routine without major hassles, showering and brushing teeth without tantrums, reading one book without arguments, singing our usual lullaby (without having to scold someone for being too rambunctious), saying our prayers, singing our "Amens", and settling under our bed covers to wait for the blue light.  No repeat returns to bed.  No requests to use the potty "one more time" (numerous times).  No frustrated and frazzled Mommy.

And in the morning, AFTER 7 AM, I hear the pitter-patter of little feet and excited voices exclaiming, "The Yellow Light! The Yellow Light!" 

Thank you, my new favorite "toddler tool".  I heart you!

1 comment:

randomashley said...

Yay ... I'm so glad you have found something to help with the recent bedtime issues!