Friday, January 28, 2011

Bit of a Funk

I apologize for the downer post today. I'm in a bit of a funk. Jonathan has class tonight so I'm running solo this evening and I feel like I've been running on fumes all day. Yesterday was such a vast difference from today!

Yesterday I got up with Jonathan (at 5:30 AM), took a shower, got dressed, tackled some church work, woke the kids up, got them ready for MMO, fed them, left the house by 8:15, hit Hobby Lobby for some sock yarn, did the weekly grocery shopping, unloaded said groceries, picked the kids up from MMO, fed them lunch, put them down for naps, folded laundry and did computer work during nap time, fed them afternoon snacks, prepared dinner, did dishes, ate dinner w/ the kids, started knitting a pair of socks while the kids watched their evening Thomas, helped out with the kids' bed time routine, watched some tv with Jonathan after we got the kids in bed and hit the sack by 10 pm.

Today, I stayed in bed until I heard the kids (~8:15 am), got the kids dressed, fed them breakfast, piddled around in my pjs well after breakfast, showered and got dressed while the kids watched Handy Manny, did a load of laundry, tried to do some computer work while the kids played (SO not successful), knitted a few rows while watching Thomas (Isaac demanded that I sit down and watch tv with them), prep'd and ate lunch, put the kids down for a nap, worked on the Valentine's Day boxes for the kids MMO class, built a fire in the fireplace, and now I'm blogging as the kids wake up from their naps...

For some reason today feels much less productive and much more whiny. Is it because I didn't start my day before the kids got up? Or am I just having an off day? Is it because the kids aren't in great moods? Or are they in lousy moods b/c I know I'm flying solo this evening? I sure hope post-nap time is better than pre-nap time...I think I hear an afternoon cup of coffee calling my name...

No comments: