Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Year Old Observations

This morning was Isaac's morning to get ready first. After changing him out of his nighttime diaper, I gave him a little no pants time until I changed Kathryn out of her nighttime diaper. As I was changing Kathryn's diaper, Isaac rushes back into the nursery...

Isaac: Mommy! I scared! I scared! There's a new thing!
Mommy: What Isaac? Would you say that again, please? Mommy didn't quite catch that.
Isaac: MOMMY! I SCARED! NEW THING!
Mommy: OK. Hold on a minute, Isaac. Let me fasten Kathryn's diaper and you can show me what you see. OK?
Isaac: Ok, Mommy.

So I fasten Kathryn's diaper and ask her to please lie still. (Both kids know how to scale the changing table and can climb down from their high chairs, so I'm not worried if she decides to climb down unmonitored.) Then I turn and ask Isaac to show me what is scaring him.

As we enter the loft off the nursery, he points up to the newly placed digital antenna Jonathan and I were testing out last night. (Whoa! We just set that up last night after they went to bed!) I explain to Isaac what the antenna is for and assure him that it is a good thing. Reassured, he goes about his business, playing in the loft. I head back into the nursery, finish undressing Kathryn and place her on the floor so she can enjoy her no-pants time. As soon as Kathryn hits the loft area, I hear Isaac point out the new antenna and proceed to tell her all about it!

No comments: