I've noticed that when my kids are under the weather, they want Mommy to sit on the couch between them and watch hours upon hours of Chuggington. I've also noticed that instead of me sitting there and zoning out, they are cool cuddling up against me while I knit. (They are not so cool with Mommy sitting at the dining room table working on something while they lounge on the couch...this I quickly learned!)
Although I am not as far as I would like to be with my Christmas presents for teachers, I'm making great progress and feel confident that I will knock three scarves out before Mother's Morning Out ends for Christmas break. The pattern is super easy and the end result is simply beautiful!
Hopefully the kids will make a turn for the better tomorrow morning and we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming. They have been battling this bug since Monday. Otherwise, that couch will have a semi-permanent indentation of my back side, very reminiscent of my nursing days!
No comments:
Post a Comment