Friday, October 22, 2010

Deck the Halloween Tree



Thursday afternoon, after nap time, while the kids were coloring, I decided to put up our last Halloween decoration, the Halloween Tree. When I was a child, my mom and I painted the Halloween Screaming Meemies that adorn the Halloween Tree. (Actually I think I painted a few, and Meems painted the mass majority, but that is beside the point!)

Right before dinner, Kathryn noticed the Halloween Tree and asked for a closer look-see ("I see Mommy?"). So I plopped her down on the island counter and she proceeded to check it out. Of course, Isaac immediately ran over and demanded "I see too, Mommy!". So I plopped him down on the counter too.

Both did well with just touching the ornaments on the tree, not taking them off. Although the tree did sway a few times! But those ornaments placed around the bottom (which I explained were free game) were eagerly picked up and examined from all sides. Next up...pumpkin carving!

No comments: