Yes, I know it is only the middle of October, but Christmas is on the brain today so I thought I would write about it. Back when the kids started Mother's Morning Out, I thought, "Oh! I guess we will need to get teacher gifts this Christmas. I better start processing that one so I don't freak the last week of MMO before Christmas holiday." So I started to process. I really don't want to go overboard, but I want to do something special and definitely something homemade. Some ideas I have pondered are a jar of homemade strawberry jam, a jar of peach jelly, a small felt gift bag with some Christmas cookies, a loaf of homemade bread...
Last week, I finally hit upon an idea. I have LOADS of yarn. Skeins that I purchased years ago with the intent of knitting scarves as Christmas presents, but never got around to finishing them b/c the patterns I selected were too complex and time consuming. And when my Mema downsized, she gave me almost all of her knitting needles which means I have needles in every size imaginable. So after a quick Internet search for a super easy, yet pretty pattern, I set about starting my first scarf. I'm about a quarter in and have only been knitting since last Thursday evening. I simply knit while watching tv in the evening, during naptime or while the kids play. I honestly think I will finish this first one in a week. I know of at least three I need to make (their teacher, the teacher's aide and the MMO director), but plan on touching base with their teacher this week to see how many different "teachers" they are in contact with while at MMO. (They have music and library during the week so that could mean two more if I plan on doing scarves for them too. Quite honestly, I'll determine who else gets added based upon how much yarn I have left after making three.)
And then today I found something that may be more suitable for those "extra" teachers...Sugared Cinnamon Almonds Slow Cooker Recipe. This would be perfect for their music teacher and librarian as well as those special individuals that care for I&K while we are at church. I'm sure I can create super cute, festive containers and wa-la! These special people are recognized with thoughtful, yet inexpensive gifts!
3 comments:
Jessica,
You are way to organized for me. I do have one idea for you though in wrapping your gifts that really is adorable. Have the kids "make" their own wrapping paper (ie - coloring it, putting handprints, stickers, stamps, etc). Then you can take that wrapping paper and re-wrap a mason jar and/or small can w/ lid. I promise you it really is adorable. Take care.
Oh that's perfect Roanne! I been racking my brain to think of a way to involve the kids and they will LOVE decorating their own wrapping paper. Thanks!
I'm glad I could help. :-) Another GREAT thing that my sister did was to make stepping stones w/ the kids hand prints and letting them decorate with colored stones, etc that she picked up at the dollar store. I still have them out and it is really cute to see how much they've grown. Take care
Post a Comment