Last week, Jonathan and I decided we would take the kids to Denver Downs Farm on Saturday. I had heard from numerous sources that it was the place to go for that true pumpkin patch experience I was craving. Then we discovered that Clemson had a home game at noon that day as well...and truly debated on rescheduling our trip. I mean traffic in Clemson on game day can be a B***H. But after a quick discussion about our schedule til Oct 31, we decided it had to be this past Saturday or it would not happen this year.
Saturday morning came...the alarm went off and Jonathan bounced out of bed. (He is such a morning person...grrrrr!) I, however, am so not a morning person and tried to convince him that we should stay at home. Traffic will be awful, we can go next year and the kids will enjoy it so much more, etc., etc., etc. He wasn't having it and after another brief discussion of how hectic our schedule is until the end of this month (and realizing that Starbucks...with their yummy Pumpkin Spice Latte...is on route to Denver Down), I crawled out of bed and got ready. The kids ate a quick breakfast of Cheerios & milk (b/c once we mentioned a tractor ride that was all she wrote)...and we were off!
And you know what, traffic was NOT bad, the kids had a blast and they took a nice LONG nap when we got back home. All in all it was a perfect day! (Thank you, Jonathans!)
ETA: Since Blogger does not want to post my pics tonight, I will post pics from Saturday as my Wordless Wednesday post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment