Thursday, September 30, 2010

Confessions

In case you think this blog is all about the good times...here are a few of my confessions.

  • I lose my patience A LOT with our two two-year olds.
  • Some days the kids watch a lot of Chuggington.
  • Isaac ate a little bit of diaper rash cream earlier this week because he thought the tube looked like toothpaste.
  • Kathryn currently enjoys throwing food on the floor for Belle to eat.
  • We air dry much of our laundry on drying racks in the laundry room. Our laundry pretty much hangs there until I do laundry again and need the space on the racks.
  • Our guest room is currently a dumping ground for the kids' fall/winter clothes, clothes and toys to consign, and Isaac's big Christmas present...a train table. I just keep the door locked to prevent any unwanted visitors from checking that room out.
  • Our unfinished basement is a mess! And I can't get motivated to address it at the moment.
  • I dodge phone calls. At the moment, I hate talking on the phone. My kids can destroy a room in five seconds and quite frankly, once they go to bed, I want some quiet, Mommy time.
  • I don't clean house, two very special ladies do...
  • I really ticks me off when people assume I have all the time in the world to "do things" because I am a stay-at-home mom.
  • I've been battling a minor stomach bug since last Friday and really wish it would go away!!
  • Some days I pray for a long nap time or an early bedtime.

Just keeping it real, folks...just keeping it real...

Overall, I love my life, my kids, my hubby, my dog...but some days are simply easier than others...

4 comments:

Crystal L said...

WOW - i am so glad you posted this!! i can relate 100%.....

Jennifer Smith said...

Jessica -

Thanks for sharing your confessions. It takes great courage to write these things. I still think you are SUPERWOMAN, but I now know you are human as well :-).

Heather said...

I just caught up on your last few September and October posts.... This one is my favorite! Glad to know that someone else feels what I do! I avoid phone calls too. My friends probably think I am terrible. Sometimes it is all I can do to answer the phone!!!

Roanne said...

Jessica,
I think that this is probably your most insightful post yet. I know that you are a great mom, but it can be very difficult at times. Take care