IWH
Height: 38"
Weight: 34.1 lbs
B/P: 92/58
KEH
Height: 38"
Weight: 28.6 lbs
B/P: 90/60
Both have grown almost 4 inches since last year...WOW! They did really well during the appointment...no tears, no extreme behavior.
Kathryn had a full-on conversation with Dr. S. Isaac played the shy-guy card, but did tell Dr. S. "Good Bye".
No shots today, but we did experience finger sticks. After Dr. S. evaluated both kids and before the nurse came back in, I explained to Kathryn and Isaac about their pending finger sticks. I believe in complete honesty and feel explaining what is going to happen (finger sticks, shots, drawing blood, etc.) helps our two prepare and process.
I sat both up on the examination table, side-by-side and asked who wanted to go first. Kathryn volunteered (Isaac observed). She didn't cry, whine or make a sound. And she watched with great interest while the nurse filled the two vials. Isaac whined a bit post-stick, but that was it. He was a bit more reluctant to let the nurse fill the two vials, but after a brief explanation, he brought his finger around , relaxed and watched with reservation.
Armed with a lollipop each, we made our way out to the check-out and on with our day!
1 comment:
I'm so glad the kids did well. But, I have to warn you ... next year will be worse because they will have to get their 4-year-old shots! :o(
Post a Comment