For several months now, Isaac has been saying the blessing before meals. He uses a classic:
"God is great,
God is good.
Let us thank Him
for our food. Amen."
I think we started teaching this blessing to the kids at meal time around the age of two. Before that point either Jonathan or I would say grace.
Now, Isaac and Kathryn have learned a new blessing as a result of MMO. After getting them started, they just take off and sing the rest by themselves. Too cute! (And I must get it on video.) It is a great reminder of how we should thank our heavenly Father for our many blessings each and every day.
The blessing is sung to the tune of Frere Jacques and warms my heart each time Kathryn and Isaac sing it.
"God, Our Father,
God, Our Father,
We thank You,
We thank You,
For our many blessings,
For our many blessings,
Amen.
Amen."
Yes, Heavenly Father, thank you indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment