Thursday, September 15, 2011

MAJOR Vent

  1. Did our weekly grocery shopping this morning.  Eggs and bread have gone up significantly.  I buy the store brand for both.  Can someone tell me why the whole wheat store brand loaf of bread went up $.48 a loaf from $1.50/loaf to $1.98/loaf???  That's a 32 percent increase and I KNOW our economy hasn't seen growth like that in the past month.
  2. Kathryn's name is still spelled incorrectly on her cubby at MMO and her folder.  I brought this to her teacher's attention a week ago.  I did notice the spelling on her art work and daily behaviour sheet is correct now.  If not corrected by next Tuesday, I'll be one unhappy Mama.
  3. The kids and I have been battling colds.  I have been checking for fevers daily.  No fever means the day's activities continue as planned.  Fevers mean a complete halt until fever-free for 24 hours.  These are my rules. Sunday, Kathryn was running a low grade fever, but since Monday I have yet to detect a fever; however, I did get a note from MMO on Tuesday that Isaac appeared not to feel well.  Am I wrong to continue to send my kids unless a fever is detected?
  4. I can't stand manipulative people.  I'm a pretty reasonable person.  Don't try to manipulate me...just tell me exactly what you need or how you feel.  Being upfront is the best way to deal with me...even if you think you might hurt my feelings.

1 comment:

Shannon Howe said...

Hi Jessica,
I had the same issue at daycare with the spelling of Kathryn's name when the kids moved into the 3 year old classroom. It was wrong on her folder, and on all the artwork that was sent home. First it was Katherine, then after I notified the teacher, it was Katheryn! Did finally get fixed, and Kathryn thankfully has had no confusion when learning the spelling!
I think it's perfectly fine to continue with normal activities unless a fever is detected. That's my rule too....no fever, let's head to school!