Since Blogger ate my post, I'm attempting to re-write this...Presley, I am so sorry, but it ate your comment too! If you don't mind, would you please re-post your comment? I think your suggestion was fantastic!
Jonathan's new position requires 50% travel, both domestic and international. To help the kids through this transition and to also teach them about the wide, wide world, we've decided to purchase an illustrated map and hang it in the play loft. The plan is to take pictures of Daddy, Mommy, Isaac, Kathryn and Belle and make markers for each family member. The markers for Mommy, Ike, Kat-Kat and Belle will be placed where we live and the marker for Daddy will move depending upon his travels. Once we feel that Isaac and Kathryn are grasping this worldly concept, I'm considering adding markers for family members located throughout the world.
In addition to the map, we've also decided that Jonathan will give Kathryn and Isaac a book the night before he departs. The book will either provide facts about the country/state he is traveling to, be a folktale from that specific area, be a children's book by an author from that area or be a historical account of an event that occurred in that area. I will read the book to Kathryn and Isaac while Daddy is away. Hopefully it will help them feel a connection to Daddy during his absence as well as instill a love of reading in Isaac and Kathryn.
3 comments:
Hey Jessica, I just love reading your blog!! I had another suggestion for you and your little ones you could fix a dish that is native to that country either while daddy is away or upon his return so the kiddos know what daddy has been eating on his journey:) Just a thought...have a great day!!!
What an awesome idea! Grayson is fascinated by geography & culture, & she loves to see pix of places I've been.
Just a suggestion, You could also fix a dish from the country daddy is visiting either while he is away or upon his return so that the kiddos will know what kinds of food daddy had to eat while he was away. This may also help them be willing to try new things more easily:) I love reading your blogs BTW!
Post a Comment