Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Meals

Now that we have started turning on our AC during the day, I've started dreaming of the lazy summer days fast approaching.  It is the last week of MMO and our local library will be wrapping up it's toddler story time this week as well.  Beginning next week, we will have no daily responsibilities except to eat, drink and be merry.  (OK.  We will still need clean clothes, but our daily schedule will be extremely flexible.)  Honestly, I can't wait!  We have several trips planned and have a few to-dos that I'd like to accomplish over the next three months, but for the most part our days are WIDE open. .

Instead of slaving away in the kitchen each evening, I'd love to come up with a summer dinner menu which requires little to no cooking and in turn little to no clean up.  Sure, we will fire up the grill, make large quantities of pasta salad, and enjoy our fair share of chicken quesadillas, but I'd love to add more light fare to our summer dinner menu.  Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'd love to see what others suggest. For me, summer brings my favorite combination - tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil, balsamic vinagrette - either as a salad or as a sandwich. Easy, delicious, and refreshing. I hope you have an amazing summer!

Twinside Out said...

Sadly, I don't have much to contribute. I've been racking my brain to come up with easier dinners, myself!! We've been doing a lot of grilled chicken salad lately (well, pretend-grilled, because we don't have a grill). That and pasta and meatballs, because the leftovers last forever. Less clean-up is good!