Tuesday, May 3, 2011
That Quilting Bug Bit Hard
Since making the decision to send all my quilt tops to a professional long-arm quilter, I've been knocking out UFOs (Unfinished Objects) left and right. It's like I've been given a shot of sewing adrenaline. And it is so nice to actually see empty space on my UFO/WIP rack.
So far I've finished "Beginner's Luck Sampler" (pictured above and now hanging in our foyer!!!) and "Gavin's Brown Bear" (picture will be posted at a later date as this is a gift that needs to be delivered). Projects currently with my long-arm quilter are "Isaac's Brown Bear" and "Kathryn's Brown Bear". Projects on deck are "Mema's Fruitcake", a Christmas Tree skirt with matching placemats and napkins for my grandmother, and a modern quilt (design TBD) made using a Grounded Kona Solids fat quarter bundle sitting in my sewing room/our office. I've narrowed the modern quilt down to either a quilt based upon Julie Herman's "Illusion" block (I have to wait until 100 Blocks Vol 3 is available) or a quilt based upon "Plain Spoken", which can be found in Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle's book, The Modern Quilt Workshop. I still have time because I'd really like to knock out Mema's tree skirt first. Decisions, decisions...
And since it has been forever and a day since I've posted a picture of either Kathryn or Isaac, here's a shot of our little man sacked out in his toddler bed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job on your quilt, & I can't wait to see it in person!
And look at that precious boy sleeping in his big bed! Give him a hug from his Ash-wee, please! :o)
Post a Comment