Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Creative Update

We are still in sickness recovery mode and I need a quick post so here's what's shaking in the creative department:

  1. Mema's Fruitcake--Finished sewing the rows yesterday. Need to sew the rows together (which will finish the top!), mark the center circle, prep backing and batting, mail three layers to quilter, prep binding and bind once I receive it back from quilter.  Then I will turn my attention to the coordinating place mats that I promised to make!
  2. Military Red, White & Blue--Tracie and I are in the process of sewing the rows.  The quilt top still needs a border, we need to piece the back, prep batting and then it will be ready for the quilter.
  3. Beginner's Class Quilt--This weekend my monthly quilting class is learning how to quilt.  Since I had my class quilt professionally quilted, I decided to purchase a Pooh panel and some backing for this lesson.  I need to prep the backing and batting before class meets on Saturday.
  4. Quilt Made w/ Solids--Need to decide which pattern I will use...Plain Spoken or Illusions. The Illusions instructions aren't available until June so there's still time.
  5. Knitted Socks--Working on the toes for sock #1.  Once sock #1 is complete, I'll start on sock #2.
  6. Purple Knitted Scarf--A few more inches before this project is wrapped up!
  7. Birthday Quilts for I&K--Rec'd Kathryn's fabric in the mail yesterday.  Ordered Isaac's fabric and the pattern yesterday.  Can't wait to get started on these!
  8. HHH Tees--Finished up a tee for a birthday this past week.  Need to touch base to see if another friend still wants numbered tees for her twin girls' third birthday (which is later this month). 
I need to print a shipping label and schedule a package pick-up (LOVE this service offered by the USPS) for a belated package headed to Florida.  Then I'll spend the rest of today's nap time tackling those toes mentioned in #5!

No comments: