Thursday, January 5, 2012

MMO CHRISTmas Program



This year's Mother's Morning Out CHRISTmas program was awesome!  Those ladies did a wonderful job picking out an age-appropriate program that all the kids seemed to enjoy. 

Leading up to the evening program, the parents were encouraged to bring their children to school on days that they may not typically attend.  For example, our children attend two specific days each and every week.  But to give the kids extra time to practice, our two attended more than two days a week.  (I must admit it was a LOT of work to get us up and out on those extra days, but man!  the extra time alone gave me the opportunity to get A LOT done! It was also a great preview on how it might be when the kids attend school five days a week.) 

Anyhow, Isaac had gymnastics the same afternoon of the program.  Meems, thankfully, offered to feed us dinner so after naps, I dressed Kathryn for the program, dressed Isaac for gymnastics, packed Isaac's clothes for the program, drove to the gym (30 minutes away), Isaac "did" his class, loaded everyone up, drove back to Meems for dinner (30 minutes back), ate dinner, changed Isaac into his program clothes, loaded everyone up and drove into town for the program.  (Again, another preview of how much of a taxi driver I will be in the future.) 

The program's theme was Jesus's birthday, complete with songs, dancing, presents and lines for both the teachers and the children.  Both Meems and I enjoyed it tremendously!  Afterwards, there was a reception with cupcakes, but we were all on the tail end of colds so we avoided the extra sugar on the refreshments table and headed home. 

I will definitely miss the Christ-themed Christmas programs when the kids enter public schools!

No comments: