This year Isaac and Kathryn got to "shop" for each other. Executing said shopping trip took a little maneuvering and advanced planning by Meems and I. At first we thought it would be neat if we spread said activity over two days. One day, I would take one child on a special trip to Walmart while the other child did a Christmas craft with Meems at her house. Then the next day, we would swap. Well, you know that saying that starts, "The best laid schemes of mice and men..." Yeah, it didn't turn out that way! Us adults ran out of time and felt a more condensed trip needed to occur. Next year we must start executing our Christmas plans EARLIER.
The Tuesday before Christmas, we headed to our local Fred's. Everyone went together, with Meems entertaining one child in another store close by while I helped the other child shop. A quick trip down the toy aisle at Fred's with the first child prompted us to load up and head over to Walgreens. (That toy aisle at Fred's had been wiped clean!)
At Walgreens, Meems entertained on the cosmetic aisle while I assisted on the toy aisle. After loading the purchased toy into the back of our SUV, Meems and I switched kids. Our time in Walgreens was short (YIPPEE!). Both kids were pleased with their selections (and Mommy too!). Isaac opted for a Barbie car complete with Barbie passenger for Kathryn. Kathryn picked out a Hot Wheels track set that included a new Hot Wheels car for Isaac. Watching them make their selections...priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment