And now we enter December...
The first weekend of December we hosted the Christmas Party for our Sunday school class. We had a wonderful time, drank too much egg nog & laughed so hard tears even streamed! I feel it is safe to say all in attendance had a great time.
Jonathan left the next day for a two week business trip.
With Jonathan out of town, I decided to see if Pop and Meems wanted to join Isaac, Kathryn and I in attending this year's Christmas parade. Pop and Meems were game so on the evening of December 9 we bundled up and headed into town to enjoy our small town's parade.
Several items to note for those of you not familiar with small town parades:
1. Floats are primarily comprised of those holding various offices & area businesses.
2. It is acceptable to throw candy at those watching the parade. (I'd forgotten this!)
3. You'd think it wouldn't be that long, but the entire parade from start to finish is at least one hour.
Isaac and Kathryn did wonderfully! In fact they enjoyed it so much that they wanted to watch another parade immediately following and were rather upset to learn that we had to wait another year before seeing another Christmas parade in our small town.
We are definitely adding the Christmas parade to our annual Christmas family traditions!


1 comment:
Good stuff!
Post a Comment