It is after midnight and I can't seem to settle down for the night. I got a call this afternoon from my doctor. The CA 125 test she ordered came back slightly elevated. Normal is 34 and below. Mine was 48.5. She did inform me Monday during my physical that she felt something during my exam and thought running the test would be a good idea. I fully expected the test to come back normal, so I'm a bit bummed about my elevated levels. As a result, I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow and will have a follow up appointment later on with a gynecologist to discuss the test results.
Here's the kicker...this test has a 50% false positive result for pre-menopausal women. And, according to my research, any abnormality to the female reproductive system can elevate CA 125 levels. Hello! Abnormalities to the female reproductive system IS my norm! My family has history of benign ovarian cysts. I have a history of uterine fibroids, a debatable diagnosis of PCOS and had a small patch of what was thought to be endometriosis removed during exploratory surgery performed prior to my "I&K" pregnancy.
So in all likelihood, some female reproductive abnormality is back, which bums me out. (But I'll definitely take some minor abnormality than another cancer diagnosis!) I'm trying really hard not to be my own worst enemy at the moment, but seem to be failing miserably. So if you don't mind, please say a little prayer for me and send some positive vibes my direction. It would be much appreciated!
1 comment:
Consider it done ... lots of prayers & best wishes headed your way. Please keep me posted. :o)
Post a Comment