Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday Mini-Brain Dump

Things have been more crazy than usual for us this week.  I really feel like my mind is whirling, so today's post will just be a mini-brain dump.  (And if you have emailed, texted---is that even a word???---or contacted me on FB and I haven't responded yet, I promise I'm not ignoring you...I will touch base when life returns to it usual hectic pace!)
  1. Monday afternoon found us at the pediatrician's office, unexpectedly.  Whenever we visit, I feel like we have entered some other dimension and we end up losing 5+ hours.
  2. Wednesday late morning, the kids and I came home (after running some "fun" errands) to NO water.  That afternoon I was informed that our well pump had stopped working.  A new one will be installed tomorrow.
  3. Since we are without water, we are spending most of our time next door at Pop and Meem's house.  I packed up the essentials yesterday and have made several trips back and forth for those items I forgot. 
  4. We still haven't adjusted to the time change.  Naps/bed time are a HUGE struggle right now...and I feel like I spend most of the afternoon AND the evening yelling at convincing I&K to go to sleep. (I know...not what Super Nanny would recommend, but this is just a tiny hiccup in our typically smooth nap time/bed time routine.)
  5. Jonathan booked our 10th anniversary trip!  Four days, three nights of just the two of us this  May...I'm so excited!!!
OK...going upstairs to scold, I mean check for dirty diapers...

2 comments:

crystal said...

I am in same boat. We can not get adjusted to time change. They don't wanna nap until late and that makes night time pushed back. Been trying to get outside and get some of that energy out of them. Something must be in bloom that is causing me to feel like a slug. Hang in there!!!

Nicole said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you've had such a difficult week. But Yay! for your upcoming trip! Sounds awesome! I hope you have a great time!