Others who give gratitude on a weekly basis have indicated that they experience a change of heart as part of their journey. I believe these gratitude givers when I read about their own personal experiences, but I wonder would I, too, experience this change. If I start down this path, would I really begin to appreciate the mundane everyday tasks? The illnesses? The stubborn, willfulness of two toddlers? The harder moments of parenting?
In documenting this week's moments of thankfulness (and praising Him for these gifts), I feel twinges...and wonder if that change has started in me?
116. discovering a double EI early
117. trying something new to prevent EIs
118. discussing the pros & cons of this new treatment with those I love and trust
119. planning our 10th anniversary get-away
120. laughing at Bones
121. Isaac greeting the doctor by name
122. Isaac allowing the doctor to use a nasal spray
123. giggles post-spray
124. seeing wholehearted, unwaivering trust
125. sharing time with family while waiting for a new well pump
126. breaking bread with my best friend
127. our conversations over lunch
128. french fries, onion rings, grilled cheese & cheeseburger wraps
129. realizing t-shirts that are slightly discolored are not a complete loss (Isaac and Kathryn can wear them!)
130. replacement t-shirts easily found
131. chatting with a former friend/co-worker
132. crockpot fried rice made with a wide variety of leftovers
133. cleaning out Pop and Meems's fridge before their trip
134. finishing two holiday onesies for Annalisa
135. sleeping with my water pillow
136. spring-like weather
137. wearing short sleeves
138. driving with the windows down
139. sleepy children ready for bed
140. going to bed at ten
141. reading before bed
142. trusted well repair man determines bad wire was the culprit
143. having a trusted well repair man we can call
144. two outdoor playtimes
145. watching a helicopter fly over
146. planning plant dates with Kat-Kat
147. talking about seeds
148. seeing our English peas sprout
149. using last year's seeds with success
150. more t-shirt inquiries
151. excited customers
152. shorter struggles at nap time
153. windows open day and night
154. family dinner at Atami
155. kinds words from a stranger
156. shopping at lowes without a stroller or a buggy
157. curious toddlers
158. binoculars made out of twin packs of water filters
159. riding home with the windows down
160. listening to frog song
161. returning home
162. running water
163. clean dishes
164. making shredded chicken and chicken stock in the crockpot
165. a family weekend ahead
166. a few extra minutes snoozing while Jonathan got the kids changed and dressed
167. Kathryn wanting banana slices in her cheerios
168. Isaac's love of OJ
169. discussing the day's plans with JWH
170. running water
171. no more leaves in the gutters
172. two little helpers clearing leaves from the flower beds
173. a fully inflated wheelbarrow tire
174. freshly mulched flower beds
175. using mulch purchased three years ago to accomplish the task
176. helping Daddy move cars out of the garage
177. a cleaner garage
178. enjoying lunch on the upper back deck
179. kids needing a wardrobe change after a morning outdoors
180. restocking the freezer
181. making chicken stock
182. using the crockpot to make the task less hands-on
183. chocolate milkshakes
184. a trip to Hobby Lobby for more supplies
185. a second meal outdoors
186. topping the day off with a glass of "two buck Chuck"
187. tag team parenting on a busy Sunday morning
188. Sunday school social hour
189. hearing other parents share their stories
190. Cheerios
191. watching I&K interact with their church family
192. planning a "Digging in the Dirt" morning with Mrs. H
193. much needed naps for all
194. finishing up more t-shirts
195. watching tv with Jonathan
196. excitement about what this week may bring
3 comments:
Hooray for gardening success, and playing in the dirt!
How awesome that I & K help you in the garden, and don't try to eat the leaves and mulch :)
Capping the day off with a glass of wine is heaven!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
"Two buck chuck" - is that the wine from Trader Joe's? I have always wanted to try it. Sounds like a good way to end the day to me!
Isaac and Kathryn are adorable! #152 - shorter struggles at naptime - my favorite gift on your list!!
Been thinking about you and your struggle with EI. I found out about a natural product after the tubes called EarDoc. It might be worth a look into if you're still wanting to avoid tubes :)
Post a Comment