Monday, February 23, 2009

6 Month Checkup, Etc.

The last few days at Haines Hollow have been busy, busy, busy! I'll briefly recap what's been going on...

Friday Meems, Isaac, Kathryn and I hit Weecycled Wear for some spring and summer bargains. I purchased 32 articles of clothing and 5 hats for $73!! Needless to say I was tickled pink and blue!! I think a few more cute dresses for Kathryn will have us set for the upcoming season change.


















Saturday Isaac and Kathryn's 6 month photos were taken by Muse 10 Photography on Saturday. We had shots taken while they were wearing their adorable red outfits, shots taken while they were wearing their long-sleeved white onesies and shots taken while they were wearing just diapers. David and Kristina are great to work with and we look forward to seeing what was captured. I'll be sure to post a few when they are available!!

Also on Saturday, I began making homemade baby food. I made one batch of apples and one batch of pears. Isaac was my tester for the pears and he LOVED them! In fact, he gobbled them down and immediately began crying for more. I have to agree with him, fresh baby food tastes so much better than the jarred stuff!



















Sunday I played hookie from church again (hate messing up that schedule!) and made three more batches of homemade baby food: cauliflower, zucchini and sweet potatoes. Kathryn was my tester for the sweet potatoes. The texture was a bit thicker than the jarred sweet potatoes, but she still enjoyed it. We'll see how well the cauliflower and zucchini are received...one huge benefit to homemade baby food--VARIETY!!

We also tried out our bumGenius 3.0 cloth diapers. They are AWESOME!! So easy to put on; very, very absorbant; and poo removal from the diaper wasn't that bad...I just shook it into the toilet and flushed! They washed up like a dream, dried on the drying rack overnight and are ready to go again. I plan on contacting the manufacturer tomorrow to confirm how I am supposed to use the overnight doubler and then we will give these the true test: wearing them overnight. Don't they look cute in their bG 3.0's?





















Monday We headed into Powdersville very early for Ike and Kate's 6 month checkup. Both were deemed healthy, happy little ones! Isaac weighs 14 lbs 14 oz and is 26 3/4 inches long. Kathryn weighs 13 lbs 11 oz and is 27 inches long. Both have doubled their birth weights by six months. I am extremely proud of this as they have been exclusively breastfed, no supplementation of formula to date!! Go Mom!! They received another round of vaccinations and did well with those too. Of course, they cried while receiving the shots, but stopped crying as soon as we picked them up to soothe them. Such troopers! We experienced a few brief periods of fussiness once we were home, but can you blame them?!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow! You've been busy. I'm glad to see things are going so well and that the cloth diapers and homemade baby food are working out. Can't wait to see the 6 month photos!

Nicole