Meems and I had a fun morning planned for the kids. Meems is on break so we thought it would be nice to take Isaac and Kathryn to a private playground nearby that also provides boat viewing opportunities.
Instead of experiencing a pleasant outing, our morning looked like this:
- Isaac slipped and fell to the ground from one of the swinging walkways. Thankfully no serious injuries occurred.
- Isaac successfully climbed up a convex ladder, only to loose his balance at the top and slam his nose into the platform.
- Kathryn had a complete meltdown when she asked for help climbing on to the springing horse and I told her to try it by herself first. (She later climbed up successfully BY HERSELF after recovering from her episode.)
- After riding over to view the boats docked nearby, Isaac lost it when I told him we were not walking up and down each dock (visions of jumping in the lake to rescue children who had slipped in were not appealing). Apparently staying on the path above that connects each dock to the mainland (where the boats can be viewed just fine) wasn't adequate in his mind.
Isaac never fully recovered from his episode, so I decided to bail on our plans and head home for an early lunch. I shudder to think this is a glimpse of life at 3.5!
(BTW, I highly recommend Ames's books, "Your X-Year-Old". Each book offers great insight on behavior and development at each year and half year mark. "Your Three-Year-Old" is my first taste and I am now kicking myself that I didn't start earlier.)
No comments:
Post a Comment