Both are WIP (Works in Progress). I need to hem the costumes, add elastic at the bottom, make leaves for their heads, add "The Ghosts of Haines Hollow" and Daddy's footprint to the Halloween decoration as well as fasten a large ribbon for hanging purposes.
Neither idea is an original. Each was discovered via the Internet. When asked what they wanted to be for Halloween, both kids simply said "pumpkin". So I went searching for a free pumpkin costume tutorial. When I came up empty-handed, Meems and I ended up sewing the costumes based upon a pillowcase dress tutorial and some amazing photos found on another blog of homemade pumpkin costumes. We modified slightly for Isaac as we thought ribbon on his would be a bit over the top.
The ghost footprint decoration is all over Pinterest and since we are severely lacking in the Halloween decoration department, I decided the kids and I would make a few homemade decorations this year with the plan to continue the homemade tradition in the years to come. (I plan on doing the same for Thanksgiving and Christmas too!)


1 comment:
Love it, & I can't wait to see the finished products!
Post a Comment