It all started with a runny nose.
Last Wednesday, Kathryn's nose started dripping. After a brief call to the pediatrician's office to learn how to care for a runny nose, I thought we were good to go. "I can handle this, " I said to myself. I'll continue feeding Kathryn and Isaac with my "one bowl/one spoon" routine. After all, everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING, goes into their mouths anyway. And hey, they have to build up a resistance eventually. Plus, I now know how to care for a runny nose with an 8 1/2 month old. I can take care of two 8 1/2 month olds with runny noses, no problem. Right?!
On Friday afternoon, after our nine month checkup appointments, Isaac's nose started dripping. OK, I've got this routine down with Kathryn, I'll just apply the same routine to Isaac. Fast forward to Monday, both kids seem to be getting better. (Hey! Runny nose colds really aren't that bad...)
Then came Tuesday. On Tuesday, it all went to hell in a bucket. Isaac spiked a fever and kept that fever until today. Tuesday and Wednesday were some of the toughest days I have experienced yet. Fortunately, Kathryn didn't seem to be hit as hard and did a great job entertaining herself the past three days. Two other HUGE pluses, Meems has been able to help during the day and Jonathan has really pitched in each evening.
Hopefully, both Kathryn and Isaac are on their way to feeling better. And Mommy has learned a valuable lesson...when one child starts to come down with a cold, start feeding "two bowls/two spoons"!
I still plan to post about our most recent play date with A and her girls. A has posted about it over at Twice the Joy. Feel free to check out her post here. And I wholeheartedly agree with her, having a friend who is also a MoM (Mom of Multiples) is priceless!!
1 comment:
Okay.....so what did CMC tell you about treating a runny nose?? Olivia's had one for the last couple of days - poor kid!! I hope everyone's getting healthy in your house!!
Post a Comment