Friday, May 29, 2009

A Mommy and Daddy First

For the first time since their arrival, Jonathan and I will be heading out later this afternoon for a "date evening"! WOW! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! (But I am sure I will also feel quite strange being away from the house with Jonathan and without our kiddos.)

Meems will be taking care of Isaac and Kathryn after the third nursing session (which occurs between 3-4 pm). She will be playing with them, feeding them dinner between 5 and 5:30, playing some more, and then potentially getting them ready for bed. Jonathan and I will be off to look at replacement vehicles and eat a quick dinner out until approximately 7 pm...returning just in time to complete the bedtime routine and the final nursing session of the day.

The most important thing about this evening is Jonathan and I will be spending time together without kids. While our lives revolve around them right now (and we both are fine with that fact!), it is especially important to remember we need to set aside time for ourselves to reconnect and strength our bond as hubby and wifey.

I'm looking forward to a great evening together, Jonathans...Love, Me!

No comments: