As some of you know (or have figured out), we have a little friend staying with us two days a week. This little friend attends church with us and typically spends the work week with her grandmother. However, grandmother has been called in to take care of great-grandmother, who was recently diagnosed with colon cancer (that has metastasized). So...that left our little friend's parents with some decisions to make.
I must admit, when first asked, I was extremely hesitant to take on the responsibility of caring for another child. But after some thought and a LOT of prayer, I decided to accept.
It is tough balancing three children the age of three. We've ventured out to Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby, we've run errands around town, I've even gone to a dentist appointment with the three kids in tow. (Again, all accomplished with an extreme amount of prayer.) But most days we simply stay at home and play because that is the most simple, least stressful option. (Getting three kids out of the house takes some serious effort!!) But the kids seem to enjoy playing with each other, at least most of the time...
1 comment:
Holy cow! I babysit a little boy one day a week, but we don't go anywhere. I plan everything, so that I can just stay home on those days. I can't imagine venturing out---you are brave! :)
It's kinda fun, isn't it? To have a little one around that your children know well, and play with :)
Post a Comment