Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mama Loves: Blue Painter's Tape

Want an easy, relatively inexpensive way to display your child's (children's) art work when you have a stainless steel fridge (on which magnets do not work)???  Or do you want to display on other mediums, such as stained cabinets or painted walls without damaging said surface?  Look no further than the painting aisle at your local home improvement/hardware store. 

Honestly, I'm a fan of using blue painter's tape for a variety of purposes, but at the moment I seem to use it primarily to display art work, seasonal decorations, and other kid friendly wall hangings in our home. 

Here's why I'm such a huge fan of it:
  1. You can use it over and over and over and over.  Seriously, this stuff seems to hold it's stickiness quite well!  One roll has lasted well over six months for us.
  2. If you take your time removing it, it will not damage the back of the paper you've stuck it to, nor will it remove chucks of paint from your wall.  Now if you are in a hurry and rip it off, you may experience some damage (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...)
  3. We've used it successfully on a variety of surfaces: painted walls, stained cabinets, stainless steel fridge, printer paper, cardstock, laminated paper, construction paper, cardboard.
So pick up a roll and give it a try!

No comments: