Thursday, November 18, 2010

What's On Your Walls?

You are probably wondering why I have decided to write a post about our hallway walls. Well, we have been in our house for almost 2 1/2 years now and most of our walls are still bare. Don't worry, I'm not complaining! It is by choice! You see, I'm not much on purchasing a bunch of wall hangings and decorating my home as quickly as possible. I'm a casual decorator who decorates over time. I like to select pieces when the mood strikes me that have personal meaning. (Not to mention it is much easier on the wallet!)

In our bedroom, we have three wall hangings: one is a piece of art work...a nature scene purchased from a good friend's art party (thank you, Mimi!), another is a pottery piece my parents brought back for us from Costa Rica (thank you, Pop and Meems), and the third is a wood carving Jonathan gave to me for an anniversary (thank you, Jonathan!). Three pieces that bring to mind special memories each time I look at them. I have room for more wall hangings and feel confident that when inspiration strikes, another piece will be added.

Recently, I have decided to begin purchasing more photographs of our family with the idea of framing them and displaying them around our home. I LOVE walking into someone else's home and looking at the pictures they have on display. And I also LOVE walking around our home, looking at the special memories captured on film. Family photography is one of my most favorite decors.

So last night, Jonathan and I relocated a picture taken of the four of us when the kids were roughly six weeks old. We have decided one side of our hallway will be dedicated to family photographs taken by our favorite professional photographer. (Part of the other side is earmarked for the quilt I'm making in a beginner's class offered by our local library and quilt guild.) I plan on adding the family picture taken when the kids were six months old, the family picture taken when the kids were a year old, and the family picture taken when the kids turned two years old...all taken by David. And at the end of that hallway is the photograph taken several weeks ago for our church directory...


What do you decorate your walls with?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Love all the pictures!! I like pictures, too.......but we're still trying to figure out what color we want our walls to be, much less what to put on them - haha!!

Hope you're doing well!!

Nicole said...

Love the photos! I can't believe how big I and K are getting.

We mostly decorate with photos. A lot of the photos are of family but we also have some photos that we have taken on trips.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of printing your pictures on canvas? Walgreens even does this. My sister in law has a lot of photos printed on canvas. I really liked the look of it.

Jennifer

David Junker said...

Cool! Thanks for the shoutout Jessica! We had a blast taking pics of your family. It's been fun to see how much Isaac and Kathryn have changed in the past two years. BTW, we can also do canvas prints in just about any size...they come ready to hang with hardware and everything!
--David Junker, Muse 10 Photography