Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sewing Update

Even though the kids have been battling terrible colds since last Monday, I've actually had the opportunity to work on several sewing projects. I finished knitting MMO teacher gift #1, a white scarf, and started knitting MMO teacher gift #2, a beautiful pale blue scarf. I had to scrap some of the yarn I planned to use for scarves and the kids' hats due to some critter interference in our unfinished basement. But we have successfully handled the critters and I've sealed up my yarn stash, so hopefully I won't have to toss anymore. I've pieced the top and back of Isaac's duvet cover. Now I just need to sew on the zipper and stitch up the bottom. I haven't made any progress on upcoming birthday/Christmas presents, but I did make a trip to a local quilting shop to purchase two more presser feet (1/4" foot & an free motion guide foot) as well as a set of free-motion quilting gloves that will help immensely with my planned presents. (Gotta love birthday cash gifts!)


2 comments:

Melissa Ann said...

Free motion quilt foot... droooool.... I have one for my 1952 singer (they called it a darner) but I'm having problems with bobbin tension on that machine. I will warn you to practice on scraps first. Free motion quilting is way harder than it looks!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the tip, Melissa! I have my practice quilt sandwiches all ready to go and hope to practice ~15 minutes each day until I'm ready to cut loose on a quilt...:)