Sorry I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I am trying to keep my mind and body busy, as to not dwell on my health too much. Here's a brief update:
Met w/ Dr. W today re: enlarged lymph nodes and potential biopsy. He doesn't like using fine needle biopsies for thyroid cancer diagnosis or to determine if a reoccurence has occurred. He will be referring me to an endocrinologist (endo) in Spartanburg (my experiences with endo's in Greenville have stunk), if endo can schedule my appointment in a timely manner. If not, he will be contacting Charleston to potentially schedule appt at MUSC. Endo will order a thyrogen-stimulated scan to determine if thyroid cancer has reoccurred. If so, lymph nodes will be surgically removed and another dose of radioactive iodine will be administered. (Fun, fun!) If all is good, follow-up will continue with new endo.
So we are still in limbo with a bit more information. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and I will continue to keep you posted! Now I'm off to enjoy a beautiful day w/ my post-nap kiddos!
Edited to add: Appt w/ endo in S'burg is scheduled for next Wed, March 17th.
5 comments:
Oh, Jessica. I'm so sorry that you still have this uncertainty. I'll be thinking about you. I am glad to see that you were able to get an appointment with the endo fairly quickly. I hope the appointment goes well next week.
Thanks, Nicole. Even though things were not resolved yesterday, I do feel we are one step closer to some answers!
Jessica,
I was very sorry to read of your uncertainty about the thyroid cancer. Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you and your family.
Wishing you all the best!
Take care
Roanne (Jonathan's fmr co-wkr from CFB)
Thanks, Roanne! Miss seeing you periodically and hope all is well.
Jessica :)
Jessica -
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Mammograms are my uncertainity, but I know that knowledge is POWER. So, I hope you get all your questions answered.
Jennifer
Post a Comment