I am not a bow person. When planning our wedding, I vetoed all wedding gowns or bridesmaid dresses that had bows. I even strongly suggested to my own mother to pick a dress without a bow. I don't care for big hair bows on little girls. I think they look silly. (To each, his own...right?!) Much to my mom's dismay, I refused to put a bow in Kathryn's hair for her first and second Christmases. She really didn't have that much hair anyway...
At the moment, Jonathan and I cannot agree on a "hairstyle" for Kathryn. I think bangs are best during toddlerhood. (In addition to disliking big hair bows on little girls, I really dislike hair in a little girl's face.) Jonathan would like us to let Kathryn's hair grow. I agree that we need to let her hair grow, but I'm not sure how successful we will be at keeping long bangs out of her face. So to help in the meantime, I decided to try making a few hair clips using alligator clips, a hot glue gun and ribbon.
Here's what I have come up with so far:
I think she looks pretty darn cute!
3 comments:
I think it's gorgeous!!!! Keep the bows coming LOL I vote for bows for Kathyrn! And when her hair gets longer, you can also look into the headbands to keep the hair out of her face =) Ps..can u make me some bows =)
Girl...just send me your order and I'll whip up some bows for you. I plan on tackling some pinwheel bows for her this weekend, after making carrot cake, ironing their Easter Sunday clothes, going to an egg hunt on Saturday morning, cleaning the bathrooms....:)
Love the bow - so cute!
Post a Comment