We have been extremely busy this week. We closed on a property we own with Pop and Meems so Mommy has been up to her eyeballs in computer work/paperwork. In addition to her normal stay-at-home Mommy tasks, she has been working on that, plus gathering the necessary documents to give to our tax preparer. (When am I going to find time to start my continuing ed for my Certified Financial Planner's designation...those 30 hours are due by the end of this October?!)
Anyhow, brief update on the kiddos...Ike-Man is teething. (Boy...is he grumpy!) His bottom teeth are coming in and his bottom left is close to breaking through. It looks like a little grain of white rice just under his gums. We attempted to take a picture, but that didn't turn out too well. We will hold off on pictures until the tooth is actually in.
Kate is struggling with the new sensation of solid food bowel movements. We hit our all time low two nights ago when she began screaming after being put to bed. Side note here: So far our kids RARELY poop during the night...OK...back to the subject at hand. At first I thought it was a trapped burp...nope. Then I thought maybe she was coming down with a cold...nope, no fever. While taking her temp, I discovered she was struggling with a bowel movement. "How did she know?" you might be asking. Well, since starting solid foods, Kate has decided to take her poops during diaper changes. (Makes changing time fun!) If only she were walking, I would go ahead and try to potty train her. Sorry! I digress...once I "helped" her through it, she was fine. (Ike-Man was a little ticked with us because we kept disturbing his beauty sleep while dealing with Kate.) After putting her back to bed, I read up on constipation in my plethora of baby books and now have a game plan which will hopefully help her. (Think...PRUNES! Lots of prunes!)
A good thing...I scheduled Isaac and Kathryn's six month photos for a Saturday in February and ordered the cutest outfits (from Pottery Barn Kids) for their pictures! They are gonna look SO good!!
Well...the little ones are down for their mid afternoon nap...I'm off to take a little siesta myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment