Friday, March 16, 2012

Stickers and Surprises

When mid-night bed buddies hit an all-time high last week, I decided the piece-of-candy-for-staying-in-your-bed-all-night incentive had grown stale. So we quickly implemented a new incentive that I like to call Stickers and Surprises.

The goal of S&S is as follows: each child is awarded a sticker the morning after sleeping in his/her bed all night. The stickers are placed on our activity calendar displayed on the fridge. Collect five stickers and we are off to the store so you can pick out your surprise!

Yesterday Isaac and Kathryn collected their fifth stickers. Mommy felt TERRIBLE (stupid head cold!) so I asked I&K if we could delay our surprise shopping expedition by one day. God bless the graciousness of our children!

This morning, as promised, we visited our local Walgreens so Isaac could pick out his new race car and Kathryn could select her purple sparkly toe nail polish.

Kathryn went first and immediately found PURPLE SPARKLY polish, much to Mommy's amazement. Isaac thought he wanted a pink race car, but when his little eyes landed on a silvery-gray Porsche, he had found his "prize".

Both kids are mega-pleased with their selections and Mommy is so happy to have found a solution...that works for the moment!

No comments: