Tonight, while applying eye drops to treat yet another round of pink eye, Isaac says to me when the drops seep into his eyes at the same time, "Oh my! Oh my goodness, Mommy!"
You see, I've become quite the professional eye dropper. Here's my preferred dosing method.
First, I ask Isaac and Kathryn to pick a place and lie down on their backs. Then ask the child I am dosing to close his/her eyes. While eyes are closed, I placed a drop of the medicine in the corner of each eye, closest to the nose. Then I ask him/her to open his/her eyes and blink. Blink a lot! If all goes well, the medicine slides right into the eyes! And I always have a tissue at the ready to catch any extra.
I much prefer hearing OMG as opposed to being kicked in the head!
No comments:
Post a Comment