Isaac has grown really attached to his blankets. He is not attached to one specific blanket, but loves carrying one around the house. To support this habit, we have blankets readily available for both kids to love on in every possible location (in our SUV, on the main level, in the nursery, in their cribs). Up until this week, those blankets have never made public appearances, but that discussion is for another time and another post.
This past Sunday evening Pop, Meems and I were sitting on the sectional in our great room chatting while Isaac and Kathryn were playing. Isaac was toting around his "main level" blanket when all of a sudden his world came to an end! His face turned bright red (which makes his hair look even more blonde) and the tears began to flow. When we looked over, Kathryn had decided to lie down on Isaac's blanket thus preventing him from carrying it around. Since Kathryn likes to provoke Isaac on occasion, I sternly asked Kathryn to "Give Isaac his blanket back, please".
Now Kathryn usually follows verbal direction extremely well. As I expected, she jumped right up, gathered Isaac's blanket up and...immediately tossed it on to the floor. WHAT?! Before I could react/correct/adjust, Kathryn ran over to Isaac and gave him the biggest hug ever. (!?!?!) And the best part is...Isaac immediately stopped crying!! Meems and I were so touched by this "first" that the opportunity to snap a picture was gone before we recovered. I guess sisters can provide comfort just as well as a blanket!
Sweetest Thing #2
We have gotten into the habit of holding the kids' hands and blessing the food prior to meals. Our grace is very simple and very child-friendly.
"God is great,
God is good,
Let us thank Him for our food.
By His hands we shall be fed,
Give us Lord our daily bread.
Amen."
Here recently, Isaac has started to reach for Kathryn's hand before we say grace. Usually she just looks at him like "Yeah right. Whatever.". But yesterday at breakfast when he reached for her hand, she gave her's freely! They held hands and grinned at each other while I blessed the food. (Yeah, I kept my eyes opened during the prayer to make sure things didn't get out of hand.) I was so touched by another sweet first, that I completely forgot to even attempt taking a picture.
What special moments!
1 comment:
How sweet!!!!
I see Kathryn will be giving Isaac some hard times just to see how far she will go lol =)
Post a Comment