Friday, January 8, 2010

"Make New Friends...


but keep the old,


one is silver,

and the other gold."


The week of Christmas the kids and I were scheduled to meet a high school/college buddy of mine, Crystal, and her kids at every child's favorite eating spot, McD's. Unfortunately we had to cancel as both kids came down with snotty colds and Kathryn's ear infection took hold. (Mommy sprang into survival mode that week so I didn't even get to connect with Crystal via the phone...so sorry C!) I truly missed the opportunity to catch up with Crystal and hope we can re-connect the next time she is in town.

The Monday after Christmas the snot faucets had stopped and Kathryn's antibiotics were doing the job, so we packed up Marge and headed to Columbia to meet Auntie Mimi for lunch. (Auntie Mimi and I go WAY back...we both attended USCS, we both worked for Ms. Long while attending USCS, we both moved to Maryland, we both worked for SPC Financial while in Maryland...you get the picture.) Auntie Mimi now lives on the West Coast so we do not visit with her too often. She was in South Carolina to visit family over the holidays and had not yet met Isaac and Kathryn, so we jumped at the chance to see her, even if it meant driving to Columbia. We had a wonderful time with her and again realize how much we miss seeing Auntie Mimi on regular basis.

Just this past weekend, we finally got to meet a "new" friend. Jonathan's former co-worker, Heather and her husband, Justin, welcomed their first son, Jackson, fall of 2009. Between colds, runny noses and schedules, we hadn't been able to meet in person precious Jackson until this past Saturday. We enjoyed our time with them and hope to get together again in the near future!

1 comment:

mimi said...

Awwww, Jessica!!!! I love the title of our luncheon! You are such a creative stinka!!! We do go WAY back and LOVE all the memories! And I'm glad that Jonathan is such a great guy too! I had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing my niece and nephew! Please give Belle a kiss for me =)