Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hey! That's My Hat!

Kathryn and Isaac are dressing up as two Chocolate Labs for Halloween. Since I am really into homemade costumes, K&I will be wearing brown sweats with a brown stuffed felt tail attached to the pants, brown knitted hats with brown felt ears attached and will have doggy noses "colored" on with brown eyeliner. While visiting Uncle Wes, I finished knitting the first hat and tried it on K&I to see what adjustments would need to be made. Well, the first hat is the correct circumference for Isaac, but doesn't come down far enough on his head. And that same hat is almost long enough for Kathryn, but WAY TOO BIG on her head. (See, these hats will also be used as "play hats" for when we go outside to play this winter, minus the ears of course!) So I pulled out another hat I knitted for Isaac (that I thought he wouldn't be able to wear until he was bigger) to see how it fit and it fit Isaac perfectly! The only problem is that hat is multiple shades of blue.























So it's back to the needles for Mommy who will hopefully finish two more brown hats before October 31st!

No comments: